Welcome to The Lawson Practice
How your data is extracted and shared is changing. Click here to learn more and have your say.
Covid-19 Vaccinations - Please Read Below
Getting the help you need
The NHS in London is very busy as coronavirus infection rates continue to be high, but we’ll help you get urgent care when you need it.
Most consultations are over the phone and via video. This is for everyone's safety. We will assess your situation and invite you into the practice if needed.
We can arrange same-day appointments if you need urgent care but please don't visit without an appointment. Appointments will be held in the best way to keep you safe from Covid.
You can also contact 111, day or night, for other urgent health advice - including if you have concerns about your Covid-19 symptoms.
Please remember that 999 and A&E are for emergencies.
Please help reduce infections, protect the NHS and keep each other safe by following the latest rules.
There is comprehensive information, guidance, and answers to questions at COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
Important Patient Notice on Coronavirus at the Lawson Practice
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- The Lawson Practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please ring us on 0203 538 6044 or visit our website – our opening hours are here. You can also go to e-consult and get a response within 48 hrs!
- You can also call NHS 111. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
- If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch
- Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, online and over the telephone. If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery, so please remember to observe the following guidance:
- Attend at your appointment time and whenever possible, alone
- Wear a face covering (for information on how to do your own face covering, please go here)
- Follow social distancing on the way to and whilst in the practice
- Ensure you follow any advice as displayed on posters or advised by staff
- Try to use the toilet and wash your hands before leaving home
- Some patients may be able to wait inside but we have limited space due to social distancing (reception will advise you)
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19
We also want to assure you we are doing everything we can to protect our staff during this period. More specifically:
- We have carried out a risk assessment our main actions are to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Some of the things we have put in place are listed above for changes to patients entering the practice and the service we offer. We have also risk assessed our staff members following latest guidance and advice.
- We already had a triage system (patient first) which we are able to continue using to speak to patients before they attend to ensure they do not have symptoms before being seen for treatments and continued care
- We will see patients when necessary after triage and we follow guidelines with appropriate PPE
- We have adopted video consultations where needed to reduce face to face contact
- We follow Government and NHS advice and guidance and keep our staff updated With this - specifically adherence to social distancing, frequent hand washing, hand sanitiser readily available and sneeze screens up in reception.
- We are further supporting our clinical staff by holding regular daily huddles for clinicians to share guidance and best practices
- We ensure that there is regular cleaning of frequently used areas and all staff have refreshed their infection control training
- We have installed wall mounted hand sanitising stations throughout the Practice to facilitate staff and patients with keeping hands sanitised
(Site updated 16/07/2021)