Welcome to The Lawson Practice
Flu Season is coming soon. Get your jab here.
Walk-in clinics for 65yrs and over: 5th and 12th September 2020.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEWS SECTION
Important Patient Notice on Coronavirus at the Lawson Practice
Our doors are now open – However you still must follow social distancing rules when coming to see us, therefore please ensure that you do the following;
We have made it easier then ever to contact the surgery … use e-consult and get a response within 48 hrs! Alternatively you could call
- Wear a mask. You won't be able to walk in without it. If you do not have a mask, you can purchase one at the Practice for £0.25p. Please speak to reception. For information on how to do your own face covering, please go here
- We only have space for 13 patients to wait socially distanced in our waiting room. Please follow the guidance of our staff. At busy times you may be asked to wait outside, where the clinician will still call you.
- Attend your appointment alone if possible and just before your appointment time to limit the wait you have at the practice
- Follow social distancing on the way to and whilst visiting the practice
- Ensure you follow any advice as displayed on posters or advised by our staff
- Use hand sanitiser on entry to the practice – automatic machine available in the entrance
- Try to use the toilet and wash your hands before leaving home – limited toilet facilities available
- Please do not attend if you or any member of your household have any symptoms of Covid-19
We also want to assure you we are doing everything we can to protect our staff during this period. More specifically:
- We have carried out a risk assessment our main actions are to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Some of the things we have put in place are listed above for changes to patients entering the practice and the service we offer. We have also risk assessed our staff members following latest guidance and advice.
- We already had a triage system (patient first) which we are able to continue using to speak to patients before they attend to ensure they do not have symptoms before being seen for treatments and continued care
- We will see patients when necessary after triage and we follow guidelines with appropriate PPE
- We have adopted video consultations where needed to reduce face to face contact
- We follow Government and NHS advice and guidance and keep our staff updated With this - specifically adherence to social distancing, frequent hand washing, hand sanitiser readily available and sneeze screens up in reception.
- We are further supporting our clinical staff by holding regular daily huddles for clinicians to share guidance and best practices
- We ensure that there is regular cleaning of frequently used areas and all staff have refreshed their infection control training
- We have installed wall mounted hand sanitising stations throughout the Practice to facilitate staff and patients with keeping hands sanitised
(Site updated 18/09/2020)