Online Triage provides you with a convenient way to get health advice and allows you to relate your health issues and ensures that you are directed to the most appropriate place for your care needs.
Stopping The Prescribing of Over The Counter Medicines
The Lawson practice May 2019
From 1st June 2019 a range of medicines that are available to buy over the counter (OTC) from chemists and supermarkets will no longer be routinely prescribed by the Lawson Practice.
Theses are medicines associated with a number of minor, short term health conditions which either get better by themselves or can be easily self-treated. Click here for more information.
DUTY DOCTOR SERVICE – FOR WHEN YOU HAVE AN URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEM
This service offers you quick access to your GP practice, where they know you and have your full medical record. We recommend this service instead of going to A&E at the hospital.
- Phone the surgery and explain to reception that you have an urgent problem
- Reception can then put you on the Duty Doctor list
- The Duty Doctor will ring you back within 2 hours
- The Duty Doctor will decide with you what you need, which could be:
- Advice over the phone
- An appointment at the surgery
- A home visit if you are really not well
- A referral to another service
New Prescription Requesting Information
From Monday 7th January 2019 The Lawson Practice would like patients to request their repeat medication directly from the practice and not the pharmacy.
You can request repeat medication via:
- Online access (please ask at reception),
- Drop off your prescription request slip at reception, or
- Post your repeat prescription slip to the practice.
We have a pharmacy technician at the practice that can assist with prescription queries if you have any concerns.
Tell Us How We Are Doing
If you would like to share your opinion and experience, just click here
(Site updated 11/07/2019)